Nowadays we find everyone waking up to the benefits of Aloe Vera inspite of this precious and useful ingredient present commonly around us, many a times growing in our garden pot. It is now available commercially too as a main ingredient in a large variety of products. It is also called Ghritkumari in hindi and is supposedly very effective for many diseases as it is associated with many health benefits.
In the past, Aloe vera juice had been used in making many Ayurvedic medicines and syrups. It is being actively used in many health foods, cosmetics as well as in the field of medicine.
In fact there have been a lot of studies that were conducted which suggested that drinking aloe vera juice can maintain the blood sugar level and lowering lipids in diabetic and hyperlipidemia patients.
Some of the advantages of Aloe Vera Juice are as follows:
- It contains many vitamins, minerals as well as antioxidants which are needed for our body.
- It is very good for digestion and helps in curing many digestive ailments like constipation, acidity and gas etc. It also aids in increasing the appetite and weight-control.
- It removes toxins from our body. It detoxes our body and it is recommended to drink it early in the morning for cleaning the system.
- It cures anaemia. Aloe vera is used to make an ayurvedic medicine called Kumari Asava that helps to treat anaemia, jaundice digestive and liver disorders and many other diseases of the bile duct, gall bladder etc.
- Aloe juice is used in syrups for treatment of hormone related problems and also pancreas and spleen related disorders.
- Aloe Vera juice is very beneficial in obtaining a soft and supple skin. It is also useful in hair growth. Direct application of aloe on the skin helps in healing burns and scars.
- It helps in restoring moisture in the skin and can be applied on face and hair directly to reduce dryness.
- When taken with amla, tulsi and giloy juice, Aloe vera makes the immune system strong to fight seasonal diseases.
Ways of taking Aloe vera juice
- For best results, Aloe vera juice should be taken in the morning on an empty stomach. It should be diluted with 20 ml of water.
- It can even be taken in equal quantities with tulsi, amla and giloy juice.
- It can be taken along with bitter gourd juice which helps in controlling diabetes and cholesterol. 2/3 of bitter gourd juice can be mixed with 20 ml aloe vera juice in a glass of water for this concoction.
This juice works as a laxative and hence should not be taken by pregnant women. Also it is always advisable to consult the doctor before introducing this juice in your diet.