Many prominent banks of India like HDFC, ICICI, SBI and Axis Bank will be charge the customers above a certain limit and for some facilities which were given complimentary before. It is believe that other banks will also be start charging in a similar manner. This move is aimed at discouraging cash transactions.
Following is the information which might help you for your transactions in various banks:
- After four free transactions (withdrawals/deposits) , the bank will impose Rs 150 for every transaction in a month after that
- Both Salary account as well as Saving account will be charged similarly
- For any transactions in the home-branch, upto Rs. 2 lakh of withdrawal or deposit at one instant will be free in a day but after this, the charges will be levied Rs. 5 per thousand or Rs. 150
- For transactions in non-home branches, beyond Rs. 25000 per day a charge of Rs 5 per 1000 or Rs 150 will be applicable
- The first four transactions will be spared of any charge on a month in home-branches but after that Rs. 5 per Rs. 1000 will be charged or a minimum of Rs 150 in month
- 50,000 in a day will be the limit for third party
- There will be no charges for first transaction in a non-home branch in a month but after that Rs. 5 per Rs 1000 will be imposed subjected to a minimum of Rs 150.
- For anywhere cash deposits, the bank will levy Rs. 5 per Rs 1000 subjected to a minimum of Rs 150. However for any deposit at cash acceptance machines the first transaction will be free in a calendar month and beyond that it will be Rs . 5 per Rs 1000.
- Starting with 1st April, those who have Savings bank account are allowed to deposit cash three times without any charge and after that Rs. 50 will be charged along with the service tax for each transaction
- For those holding Current Account, this charge could even go as high as Rs 20,000
- The account holders in this bank have to maintain a minimum balance or else they will be fined. This fine to be paid will be lesser in rural areas
- In cities, if the account balance is less than 75% of minimum balance of Rs 5000, then a fine of Rs. 150 plus taxes will be imposed, in case the account balance is 50% of Rs. 5000, then a fine of Rs 50 per taxes will be applied
- For withdrawing cash from ATM’s, if suing SBI ATM then Rs 10 will be deducted after 5 withdrawals and if using any other ATM, RS. 20 will be deducted after 3 withdrawals.
- If the balance in an SBI account is more than Rs. 25000, then there won’t be any charge for withdrawing money from SBI ATM.
- For every quarter SBI will charge RS. 15 for SMS alerts from debit card holders who have an average quarterly balance of Rs. 25000 during the 3 months. For UPI/USSD also there will not be any charge for transactions upto Rs 1000.
- For first five transcations in a month including withdrawal or deposit,no charges will be applied but after that minimum amount of Rs 95 will be charged for each transcation
- For non-home branch transactions, the first five will be free if the maximum deposit per day is Rs. 50,000. From sixth transaction onwards or if the deposit is more than Rs. 50,000, Rs 2.50 will be charged per Rs 1000 or Rs 95 whichever is higher.